1. Who is responsible for managing my information?
2. How we collect information from you & what information do we collect?
From your enquiry request and /or when you book a hire, we collect your:-
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Home address
- Driving Licence number
- Passport details
3. Why we need your information and how do we use it?
The information you provide may be used:
- to enable us to respond to your enquiry
- to enable us to provide you with information, products and services you request and enter into a Hire Agreement with us when you make a booking
- for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services
- to keep you updated via email, about our services if you want us to stay in touch with you
4. Who will we share your information with?
In order to provide you with a Hire Agreement we share your information with:
- If applicable; recovery services/repair garages/engineers, in the event of breakdown/damage or equipment failure
- RAC for a ‘vehicle on hire certificate’ for travel outside of UK
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the event we sell or buy business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
5. Transfers outside the UK and Europe
Your information will be stored within the UK and EEA. We may transfer your information outside the UK and/or EEA when using gmail and storing information within google drive, and icloud.
When you give us information we take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe. All electronically held information is password protected and hard copy information is securely filed.
7. How long we will keep your information?
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law.
Our full retention schedule is available from Liz Diprose, contact details: email@example.com
8. Your Rights
You have the right at any time to:
- ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records;
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
- make a request to us to delete what personal data of yours we hold; and
- object to receiving any marketing communications from us.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to complain about the use of your information, we would ask that you contact us to resolve this matter in the first instance. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
England: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane,Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF Telephone: 0303 123 1113 Email: email@example.com
Wales: Information Commissioner's Office, 2nd floor, Churchill House, Churchill way, Cardiff, CF10 2HH Telephone: 029 2067 8400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scotland: The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland, 45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL Telephone: 0131 244 9001 Email: Scotland@ico.org.uk
Northern Ireland: Information Commissioner's Office, 3rd Floor, 14 Cromac Place Belfast, BT7 2JB Telephone: 028 9027 8757 Email: email@example.com
The accuracy of your information is important to us - please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.